For more than 10 years, I have chosen Tip-Edge PLUS to meet the most stringent requirements. Because of its small, single wing design the bracket system has plenty of inter-bracket width, allowing engagement of crowded teeth early on and easily in treatment.
Tip-Edge PLUS® Stainless Steel Brackets
Fewer appointments. Proven results. The versatile system for moving teeth quickly and comfortably, so you get results with fewer appointments and less overall treatment time.
Highest quality results with fewer appointments
Tip-Edge PLUS Stainless Steel Brackets feature a patented design that provides programmed treatment from start to finish. Teeth move naturally, with very light forces and little anchorage strain.
Improved vertical control
The difference with the Tip-Edge® design is the innovative “deep tunnel” lingual horizontal archwire slot, which permits mesiodistal uprighting and torquing from the power of a pre-formed nickel titanium wire. Vertical and horizontal control is assured by passive rectangular archwires.
Tip-Edge PLUS Stainless Steel Brackets
- Unprecedented treatment without the need for headgear, implants or functional appliances
- Pre-adjusted to capture 100% torque and tip – zero-tolerance finish
- Extremely light forces – only 1 to 3 ounces
- Automatic rotational control
- Eliminates unwanted torque reaction to adjacent teeth
Tip-Edge PLUS brackets are the versatile system for moving teeth quickly and comfortably, so you get results with fewer appointments and less overall treatment time.
PrimeKote® polymer technology
Tip-Edge PLUS brackets are coated with a patented PrimeKote® polymer interface to improve bond strength and provide fast and easy clean up. PrimeKote is an advanced polymer technology that offers unsurpassed performance, providing a more durable bond between the metal mesh base and bonding adhesive providing:
- Contamination resistance – PrimeKote absorbs minimal amounts of moisture while the chemical interaction occurs. It is part of the bonding reaction which occurs as a result of combining the bonding adhesive with the chemically enhanced bonding base.
- Expiration-free surface seal – Protects against oxidation that continues as the product is stored for future use.
- Simplified debonding –The chemically treated bonding surface provides a strong bond to the metal base. This chemical enhancement ensures maximum adhesive transfer during debonding. Enamel clean up is limited with more adhesive transferring to the bonding base.
Enhanced bond strength, simplified clean up
Unsurpassed in performance, PrimeKote technology ensures bond durability and simplifies the debonding process to finish treatment faster. PrimeKote creates a chemical bond so that adhesive clings to the base of the bracket at debonding¹.
1. Devanathan, D. PrimeKote: A method to improve bracket bond durability.
TP Orthodontics, Inc., 1999.
Longer shelf life
Brackets treated with PrimeKote have been shown to retain initial bond strength even after two years². The surface seal prevents oxidation so brackets are ready for treatment when you are.
PrimeKote is available on the following products:
- Nu-Edge® Brackets
- Tip-Edge PLUS® Stainless Steel Brackets
- Ultra Low Profile Tubes
2. Devanathan, D. and Chudzynski, J. Technical evaluation of a new orthodontic bracket. TP Orthodontics, Inc., 1997.
The Tip-Edge technique is amazingly easy, I am getting better Class II correction mechanics and the lighter forces have reduced poor patient compliance. The new PLUS bracket slot offers me great versatility where as the Edgewise slot would never have allowed me the unique extraction combinations.
The idea behind PLUS is light years ahead of any other straight wire system. It is so much easier to get results. The PLUS system provides good rotational control and may even speed up treatment. This is orthodontics’ best kept secret.
Tip-Edge is a single wing bracket that does not lose its rotational control. The base is every bit as wide as a twin bracket. The Tip-Edge technique allows you to utilize the maximum prescription built into the bracket for finishing, i.e., 100% bracket expression. No other system can achieve that.
Bite opening and overjets can be easily corrected with the Tip-Edge technique; your patients’ parents will think you are a genius!
I love this bracket system. The Tip-Edge technique moves segments of the teeth together; other techniques move each tooth.
I have used many different brackets and techniques, from straight wire to active and passive self-ligation. Now I only use Tip-Edge PLUS. After more than 15,000 cases, I have no doubt it is a superior bracket.